Macbook SR 2.2GHz Black or 2.2GHZ MBP (Buying Tonight) Which one ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blackgmc, Nov 2, 2007.

1. blackgmc macrumors member

I am looking to buy a Macbook SR 2.2Ghz black or Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz. I am going to buy one tonight. Which one is a better buy at this time ? I really like the MBP but I am worried about the Yellowing Screen issue.

2. Dreamer2go macrumors 6502a

Obviously the MBP
    better graphics and more HD space...
    the yellow screen issue isn't huge anymore....

3. blackgmc thread starter macrumors member

dreamer,

do you got a matte screen or glossy?

4. mavherzog macrumors 6502

Considering you are asking the question, you likely don't have a compelling need for the extras the MBP gives you (GPU, FW800, Expresscard). So, given the comparable processing power, the fact that the MB was just recently updated, and the price discrepency, I say buy the MacBook.

5. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I got a 2.2 a few days ago. This was after having 2 with yellowing issues last spring when they came out. This one is fine. Has a squeaky space bar but screen is wonderful. Sold my MacBook 2.16 to get it. Was hoping MacBook would have LED screen but hey this works out great

6. Jameschat macrumors newbie

i sold my Macbook 1.83ghz Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD and got a Macbook Pro this morning 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600GT GFX...

I LOVE IT!!!

the Screen is soooo much brighter... and the smile still hasn't worn off my face since i opened it everytime i use it! not to mention the ability to play Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars at full settings was a factor in MBP decision :D:D

7. je1ani macrumors 6502

I hate desicions like this... I am new to the macbook as all of my research is in iMacs lol.... I wanna get an Macbook and they all have 2.2 processors and support 4GB of ram... ill just have to go into the store and find out which I like..

8. Watermonkey macrumors member

Watermonkey

Personally, I could never suffer the glossy screen on the MB. If that's your thing, then I guess it's an option, but I couldn't bear it myself.

9. cube macrumors G4

10. doboy macrumors 68000

I was at the Fry's store in San Diego, CA last Sun returning something and decided to look at the 24" iMac. Salesman comes up and tells me that they are having 30% off of open box items that customers returned. They didn't have an open iMac, but they had a MacBook Pro 2.2 that had perfect screen and condition. Of course I bought the thing for $1399 + tax. Who wouldn't, and on top of that they gave me 25% off 5 yr warranty (w/ loaner) so came out to ~$250, much cheaper and longer than AppleCare. Gotta love whoever decided to return this beauty. Love the machine much much more than my MacBook. Now I just need to find a bargain for a 30" LCD since this baby can drive one of those. :>

11. Anorion macrumors member

Quiet, you!