macbook SR's from Amazon

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by caf9128, Nov 25, 2007.

1. caf9128 macrumors member

When the updated SR 2.2 black Macbooks were released, there was not a rebate from Amazon right away, but a few days later a $100 rebate was available, good from 11/13/2007 to 1/3/2008, but with a delayed shipping date. I ordered one.

Interestingly, a few days ago I noticed that the predicted delivery dates were now "after Dec. 24th". Then yesterday I noticed that Amazon now directs you to a product page whereby the product ships from J&R Music World, in stock, but with no rebate. Just thought others might be interested in this. It appears that although the rebate is technically still available, Amazon is no longer offering the 2.2 black Macbook. Anyone else notice this?

2. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

It seems that all the MacBooks are still there with a rebate. The wait is now 3-5 weeks, which will hopefully come down soon.

3. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

IF you have to wait 4-6 wks, I'd cancel and see what may come out at
    MacWorld...may decide to get something else given new alternatives.

4. mets1125 macrumors regular

They prob ran out of stock. I was looking for ink a few months ago and it said the same thing. I checked it a few days later and they said shipping in 24hrs. Keep an eye on it during the week.

5. mets1125 macrumors regular

I agree..even tho I dont think will see an upgrade to the MB