Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Hi guys,

I should have been more careful, but I kept my macbook on a sofa pillow and now when I looked at the bottom of my macbook it has slight reddish color on the bottom of the macbook.

What can I use to clean it up and get it back to its original color.

Thanks for any ssuggestions

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
I'd try something like iKlear or a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. ;)

(Be careful with what you use though)

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
I'd try something like iKlear or a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. ;)

(Be careful with what you use though)
The Magic Eraser put little scratches all over the shiny part of my iBook (obviously didn't try on my MacBook), worked wonders on the palmrests though. First thing I'd try is a damp cloth.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I would try a cloth and rubbing alcohol (don't use paper towels).

Genghis Khan

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
speaking of which...i was doing some drawing/smuding at uni with a 2B pencil and needed to search something on google, so it did...when i finished i noticed that i had a grey stain on the hand rests

would the above measures fix this as well?

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
The Magic Eraser put little scratches all over the shiny part of my iBook (obviously didn't try on my MacBook), worked wonders on the palmrests though. First thing I'd try is a damp cloth.

Please be careful with the magic erasers. I absolutely love them and used them and took a picture to show the effects. Please remember my macbook wasn't really that dirty but you can still see the effects those sponges had on my MB. But given the cleaning prowess those things have I'd suggest ONLY use it on the palmrests, and keyboard (carefully) and NEVER on the display or the polished surfaces. And in my personal opinion it really is enough to use them once a month or once in two months. Hope the little picture of mine showed the effects a little;-)

byakuya

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.