Macbook started working in the middle of the night

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacBH928, Nov 18, 2013.

1. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

Exactly the title . I have a later '08 macbook with Mavericks installed. I left it plugged to the electricity overnight (Something I did for the last 5 years) and it is in sleep mode.

Today I woke up and to my surprise the fans of the laptop were spinning and the LED light was on (on the opposite of snooze which it was supposed to be) . I opened the lid, the screen is black, the LED light disappears the fans continue spinning. I hit few keyboard keys, nothing. I hit the power button , nothing. I long pressed the power button, nothing.

It didn't stop until I flipped my macbook and opened the latch on the battery from the bottom. I pulled the battery out, put it back in again. Macbook started working fine.

Any one knows what happened?
    I do not want this to be a power issue where it will explode at night and kill me during my sleep

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Mine does that probably once a week or so since installing Mavericks. It didn't do it on ML but it has been doing this since the dev previews of Mavericks. I was hoping it would be fixed in the final release, but it hasn't.

Usually it will wake up at some point for whatever reason and freeze, the fan will stay at normal speed, the LCD will come on when it opens and I will just have a frozen mouse cursor on a blank screen. Other times it will be in sleep mode and I'll open it and it will come on, but no applications will respond, forcing a shutdown. So all of the issues are related to sleep.

I plan on doing a clean install at some point to hopefully fix a few other issues I've been having.

3. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68020

MacBH928

I really dont want to do a clean install... and I do not want to pull out my battery each time.

any one else is facing this issue?