Macbook starting to show scrapes, dings, QC

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mark88, Jul 29, 2008.

1. mark88 macrumors 6502a

After a good year+ of use now my macbook is really starting to show it's lack of build quality in relation to the MBPs. A couple of places on the beizel have chipped away, the bezel itself is starting to come loose. Trackpad is squeaking.....

Next time round I've definitely putting up the extra $$$ to get the pro model. My 4 year powerbook is in better condition than my macbook.

2. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

Sounds like it has had a very rough life, mines only 2month old now, and is holding up well to daily use and traveling.

3. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

You will not get a better build in a pro latch sticks then breaks, and many other problems I hope they change it thats why I went back to a PC for a while....waiting on the new release :)

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

5. Matek macrumors 6502a

Yup, I have the exact same experience after a year and a half. I treated my MB decently (never dropped it or anything), but as you said, it shows the build quality isn't the best out there. I've seen laptops look crappier after less than a year, of course, but it could be better.

I hear ThinkPads are one of the best laptops buildquality-wise, so I'm guessing that will be my next purchase. Although I hope to continue using this MacBook for at least a year.