MacBook Startup Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbook41, Dec 19, 2007.

1. macbook41 macrumors newbie

I have a white 1.83 GHz, 1 GB RAM MacBook with Leopard installed. I purchased the computer 14 months ago and I noticed recently that my battery was draining rapidly and taking forever to charge. I purchased a new battery and everything works well except when I startup my computer.

Whenever I turn my computer on for the first time, the hard drive makes the normal noise it makes but it is much faster and the light on the front of the computer blinks rapidly. Today when I started the computer, the normal "baaah" noise repeated over and over and the screen looked like that Matrix theme except it was blue.

I turned it off and took out the battery. When I plug the adapter into the computer with no battery, it seems to work fine. I'm thinking it has to be because of my battery. I don't know if it is too cold (I turn the heat down at night) or what. Maybe a faulty battery (purchased from Apple, exact battery that the computer came with). If anyone knows what is going on, I would greatly appreciate it!

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. macbook41 thread starter macrumors newbie

Now that you mention it. When I first got the battery I noticed it didn't fit as nicely as I thought it would. When I push down on one side it makes a clicking sound. For now on I will try to push down on the battery to ensure that it is in the slot properly and see if that helps.

I will also calibrate the battery. Thanks for your help.