Macbook Stock Dwindles

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lewisdorigo, Sep 30, 2008.

1. lewisdorigo macrumors member

Has anyone noticed that stocks on MacBooks and MacBook Pros have started to dwindle in the UK?

Many places I have looked at are out of stock on most models. This was the same before the iPhone, when Apple allowed their stock to run out to make room for the iPhone 3G...

To see what I mean, click here.

2. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

I just got a good deal on a new BlackBook last week. Great price, for me was better than an update.

3. uptowngirl macrumors newbie

All the mac minis and imacs are out of stock on that site too! Do you thinkthat means they will get a bump too?!

4. lewisdorigo thread starter macrumors member

I hope so, I've only got Dells just now, and am waiting to get an iMac... I hope they update them with the MacBooks...

5. ackay macrumors newbie

Maidenhead, Berks (originally Glasgow, Scotland)
    Nah, i work for Currys, and stock of Apple computers in general have always been low in the company. PC World are part of the same company and they normally have better stock than the Currys stores.

However, if rumours are to be beleived (and trust me, I'm holding out for a MBP update on Oct 14th :)), then the stock that Currys will carry will practically be close to nil.

6. lewisdorigo thread starter macrumors member

But if you look at the site, there is absolutely none! Comet is also out of stock on alot of models. PCWorld is out of stock on most MBP models. I'm not sure about American retailers, but I think that Apple's employing the same tactics as they did prior to the iPhone 3G... If anyone could check out American stores to check their stock....

7. logana macrumors 65816

logana

I remember someone saying that a "feature" of the Currys/PC World live stock system is that 3 or less units in stock at a branch is always shown as "no stock".

I would imagine that most of these stores are unlikely to hold 3 or more of each model in stock - so it looks as if they have none .......

8. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

PC World saying due to high demand MBP's are out of stock!!
    Update soon?.....