Macbook Stolen in Holland

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KENTW, Apr 11, 2010.

1. KENTW macrumors member

Little advice needed if possible, apologies if this isn't the right place to post. My friend is in Holland and looks like her Macbook has been swiped by someone in the hotel she is staying in. The Macbook is replaceable obviously but she had her mail app open (mobile Me) and had just closed the clam so her account will NOT be locked - the issue is whoever has it can just open it up and get direct access to her mail. I have Mobile Me to and cant find anywhere to disable the account. Does anyone have any experience in this - need to disable the account or remove all the emails from her ME account and dump into another account maybe? Any help very much appreciated.

Cheers

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Could she not log on to her ME account on another computer and change the password to something totally different? This will stop the thief changing anything.

3. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

The first thing she should do is change her mobileme password. This will stop the thief getting access to any new emails.

4. KENTW thread starter macrumors member

Yep - just changed the password thanks guys..... do we think that will also mean the the mail app on the macbook will leave the old emails on there and just prevent new emails getting delivered?

Cheers

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If her Mail app is set to store the emails on her computer then yes access to the old emails will be possible. If she has it set up to not store them on her computer then the change is password will stop any new emails ending up on the computer.