MacBook Stolen , Photos help!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Skevaboy, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Skevaboy macrumors member

My condo was broken into today many items including my macbook, ipad, ipod were stolen!! None showing online when i sign into iCloud and check find my iphone/device, errrr!!! :mad:

My question is there any way to recover my photos that i imported into my mac from my SLR and saved in iPhoto, are they automatically saved in the cloud???

any suggestions will greatly appreciated as I dont have a backup of my Honeymoon photos and daughters birthday

thanks

2. BL4zD macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, imported photos are not saved to iCloud.

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

The only exception will be any you added to a Photostream - they will be in the cloud until removed from the last device that subscribes to that Photostream.

God luck, I sympathize with one-off memories gone.

4. BL4zD macrumors 6502

There are programs that might be able to recover those pictures from your camera's flash drive if you haven't overwritten any new pictures yet.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

No, iPhoto does not back anything up in the cloud. Except if you used a photostream, but even then, they would be low quality shots.

Not trying to add insult to injury, but for precious files like that, having no back up is really stupid.

6. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Assuming you have a dSLR, and you still have the memory cards, and you haven't shot too many photos after you erased those you are interested in, you might be lucky and get some photos back by recovering them.
    If those and's are satisfied, you can try attaching a card reader to a computer, inserting the card and use, on Windows, this:
    http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Good luck.

7. chaofahn macrumors member

chaofahn

Unfortunately unless you get your Mac back, it seems like there's no way of retrieving your DSLR photos. For future reference though, you should back up your photos; I've connected my iPhoto to Flickr and always make sure to upload my pics as soon as they have been transferred. It's 1TB of free storage, and you can completely lock your photos to private.

Here's hoping you manage to find a lead!