Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickguz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Okay so, weird situation. When I plug in the mac, the green light lights up for like 3 seconds and then it just stops. If I push (and hold) the charger into the wall, it works fine. This is my sister's computer, and she's gone through like 3 chargers, so I don't know if it's the charger, but it seems like it may be. I think she's tried other chargers and they haven't worked either.

Does it have something to do with the mac or is it definitely the charger?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Okay so, weird situation. When I plug in the mac, the green light lights up for like 3 seconds and then it just stops. If I push (and hold) the charger into the wall, it works fine. This is my sister's computer, and she's gone through like 3 chargers, so I don't know if it's the charger, but it seems like it may be. I think she's tried other chargers and they haven't worked either.

What is the charge level at the time you plug it in? If it works by you holding and pushing the power adapter against the wall outlet, that sounds like a bad connection, either in the adapter or the outlet. Have you tried other outlets? Do you have another adapter you can try?

Realnanners

macrumors member
May 1, 2014
Louisville,KY

I would first check and see if the charger works on another computer and if it dose then, I would bring the Macbook to the Apple store and have the reset the battery. :apple:realnanners

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I would first check and see if the charger works on another computer and if it dose then, I would bring the Macbook to the Apple store and have the reset the battery. :apple:realnanners
There's no such thing as "resetting the battery." Based on what the OP said, the problem is most likely with the charger or outlet, not the MacBook.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
It happens with my Macbooks (retina and white ones) when wall sockets are providing less power than they have to charge and keep the computer turned on. In this case, the charger light shuts off and the computers won't charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.