Macbook strange sound

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Serban, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Serban Suspended

When i balance my macbook from left to right or vice versa with the lid open, a sound like a small ball is moving around the sound speakers grill

it is normal? anyone notice this?
    i notice this now after 4 months because i don't use it very much, only when i travel

2. Xeyad macrumors 6502

After a week from buying my Macbook, I noticed it too. I was pretty annoyed by it, so I took it to the Apple Store. Even the Apple Genius guy was surprised by the sound, and took it inside. A few minutes later, he was quite surprised to notice that all Macbooks do the same sound. Tried all Macbooks in store, and indeed, the all make that moving sound when you shuffle the laptop left and right.

Investigating this issue further, I had opened the bottom cover of the Macbook. When you shuffle the laptop, the actual hinge moves. This is due to the new thin metal hinge. It's a design error in my opinion, something that most first-gen Apple products (or first-gen products in general) suffer from.

So to answer your question shortly, yes, it's normal.

3. Serban thread starter Suspended

i have 2 macbooks, only the gold one is louder, the space grey is quiter

4. Serban, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015

Serban thread starter Suspended

i jut went to service and it was the display. i thought too be about the hinge but no it seems