MacBook Stuck On Select Language Menu

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by biddy79uk, May 28, 2013.

1. biddy79uk macrumors newbie

Hi there i have been given a MacBook by a friend and at first when i got it was stuck on a blue/grey screen,
    Anyway i booted into safe mode as booting into disk Utility wouldn't load and when safe mode loaded i had the option to load my & girlfriend account but when i typed my password in it just stuck on a multicolored page with nothing showing and it kept returning me back to the safe mode log in menu.
    After much reading on forums i got to a page that sugested this to enable Admin Account.
    after entering this i am now presented with a "Select Language Menu" but no matter what i try it brings me back to this Language Menu.

Again after more reading i was told to do this,

And again it brings me back to this Language Menu.
    Please can anyone help me i'v searched and read everything allover please

Thank You

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Whenever you're given a used computer always reinstall the OS. Older MacBooks it came on a DVD, newer ones you use the recovery partition hold <option> R on power-up (before the chime)

3. biddy79uk thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried that option mate still nothing works nothing happens & i dont have a OS disk but i do have an optical drive on this BLACK Macbook

Thanks for replying

4. biddy79uk thread starter macrumors newbie

Please can anyone help me on this as i am about to give up and sell it on ebay
    I cant access the safe mode now (which i could )before i tried installing Snow Leopard from a downloadable web site MY BAD I KNOW :(
    PLEASE HELP !!!

Thank You