MacBook Super Battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imfrog2002, Oct 20, 2007.

1. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

I was reading the Apple support page for laptop batteries, and I noticed that after 300 charges, it's supposed to be at about 80%... I ran coconutBattery and saw this...

[​IMG]

Is this normal, or did my macbook get a super battery somehow? *cough* I've noticed that it gets about 3-4 hours life on normal charge. I've heard that's not normal, and I wanted to see if anybody else can agree with that.

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Have you calibrated? And, have you been calibrating? This will probably readjust your figures if you haven't. If you have, then yes, I'd say you have a super battery!

3. imfrog2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

I calibrated just a week ago. Yeah, that's what I thought. I kinda like it. :D

4. Britanium macrumors member

Do you have a link for that?

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Hmmm...your macbook is a CD right? Were those the ones that had strange battery batteries (swelling, random explosions, etc)? Perhaps your battery was the one fluke that turned out to be ahead of its time.

6. imfrog2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

Bottom right corner.

CD? I'm still new at some of the abbreviations. I bought it straight from the Apple store in February. Months after the battery problem, I thought...

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Sorry, Core Duo. C2D stands for Core 2 Duo, and SR stands for Santa Rosa (for future reference:)).

Yeah, you got it way after the battery problem ended (isn't it funny how our memories can play tricks on us?).

PS: Your macbook is a C2D.

8. imfrog2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

OH! Okay. Yeah, it's a C2D. I'm still amazed that it's getting that much battery. Especially because I run the brightness at full all the time. (I need the light. Turning it down makes it hard to see in the light I have here.)

9. Britanium macrumors member

Thanks

10. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

You shouldn't max out the brightness because it will wear on your eyes over time. I notice that when I turn down the brightness, my eyes are able to retain their focus without strain for much longer compared to when I pump up the brightness. If your lighting isn't so great, move around a little bit. You have to protect those eyes! (there the only ones you have;)).

11. imfrog2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I turned it down a few notches and it's still readable, and a little better. Thanks!

12. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

13. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

My MB's battery is 97-98% after 500+ cycles. Apple's stats describe minimum expectations of battery performance, and if a battery is performing below those expectations, Apple can probably be talked into replacing it.

14. imfrog2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, my special feeling is gone, but that does help me with my decision of getting another MacBook for another family member. Thanks!

15. luvTN macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

My batterry. Don't bother about Age of my Mac, Apple replaced the logic board so it's no longer correct.

16. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes a calibration will solve it, and sometimes it won't. As long as your battery gives you consistent discharge rates for similar activities, don't stress over it.