Macbook Super Drive Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Beatlez55, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Beatlez55 macrumors newbie

I have a Black Mid-2007 Macbook. Back in December 2009 my hard drive finally failed me. I took it in to the apple store and they replaced the hard drive. On Febuary 4 2010 My Superdrive failed me and I again took my Macbook to the apple store. They replaced my Super Drive that day. I got my macback and when i got it home i noticed a big white scratch that had not been there when i took it in. The new Super Drive scratches a white ring on any dvds or cd's i put in there. Also my computer now freezes randomly. Should i take it in and ask for a new super drive or a replacement computer. Does apple even replace computer or just the parts? Thank god for apple care plan

2. fluffyx macrumors 6502

At the very least, they should "verify" the repair by making sure the machine reads/writes CDs/DVDs. And the technician certainly should have been working in a clean area that wouldn't scratch the machine.

Bring it back with a Genius Bar appointment and let them know you're dissatisfied with the service you've received from them.

If you have a copy of your Work Authorization, bring it with you and point out the Cosmetic Condition of your computer before you brought it to them. Let them know that there's a new issue with the SuperDrive, and that there's a big scratch that was definitely not there before.

Let them know that you expect them to fix it immediately.

Best of luck :).