Macbook Switch Possible?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by frogcat, Nov 5, 2008.

1. frogcat macrumors member

Hi I just have a question whether it's possible to return an 8 month old black macbook for the newer versions?

I know, I know it sounds stupid. BUT I have a legitimate complaint.

Throughout the 8 months I've had trouble with this macbook, turned it in twice for the random sleeping problem, until they decided that a new battery would fix it. I got a new battery this summer, and voila, 4 months later faulty sleeping again. iStat says my battery is at 50% health....in 4 months.

I got BSOD just a couple days ago, and used to get it before the new battery.
    I'm about to go turn this macbook in AGAIN to Apple so that I could get, from what I'm guessing a new battery, and also to get that stupid cracking fixed on the palm rest of my macbook.

8 months and the quality is down to zero. I don't feel like I had a good experience with my purchase. I just want a laptop that can keep up with my use. (I treat Madeleine like a baby, but she does a lot of work for me)

Anyways, What are the possibilities I can put this computer towards a purchase of a new Aluminum macbook? And I tried craigslist, but is $800 worth selling this for?

Thanks Macrumors

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Hmm.. If you was a manufacture of a product and say... someone brought the older model and some eight months later you released and slightly improved version. Would you allow your customers to return the old in exchange for the new?

Well, Apple doesn't but some of it's non-related thrid-party resellers do have part-exchange program running, as part of the deal goes, you'll get 15-20% discount the retail price of your new system. In rare cases where users have experienced endless amounts of hardware related difficulties. Apple has upgrade their machines but this is a case to case assessment that only Apple themselves can authorised. If you like to take you your matter with them and seek and exchange, then do so. Alternatively, stick it on some online auction and hope to get a rewarding price for it - systems with AppleCare attached will get more!!

3. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

If that is the 3rd time the problem happened on this model, you are able to get a replacement, but it may be a prev gen BlackBook, there are no stories of people getting MacBooks being replaced with GlassBooks yet.