MacBook system preferences 'Sign into Facebook'

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BODYBUILDERPAUL, May 26, 2018.

1. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with both my MacBook and iPhone X. On Thursday evening I cleared my Safari history as usual.

Later a message appeared on my MacBook saying 'Sign into Facebook' (in System Preferences).

When I try to do this, it accepts the password but then, the message 'Sign into Facebook' reappears.

It does the same on my iPhone.

Has Apple updated security etc with the new EU Law coming into effect as from 25th?

It means that I an't sync my Facebook diary to my calendar or contacts etc. I guess the thing that i use the most is posting photos from my Photos app directly to my FaceBook page.

I'll admit that I don't use FaceBook much - once for 5 minutes every 2 days or so as Instagram tends to be my only social media choice but it would be nice to know what is happening here.

2. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

A lot of us have been having this issue. I think it's on Facebook's side of things, and not Apple's. Apple hasn't really changed much as a result of GDPR since they already comply. Facebook on the other hand have been changing a lot of stuff.

For the majority of us, the issue has basically just stopped on its own over time. Leave it, try entering the password again in a few day and it should be sorted.

3. BODYBUILDERPAUL thread starter macrumors 65816

OH WOW! Thank you Casperes! Very much appreciated! I wasted so many hours last night trying to get this to work!

Best regards to all in INCREDIBLE Denmark :)