Macbook the new netbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by blueflame, Jun 27, 2009.

1. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

i dont know, it just struck me, the white macbook is so out of style with all things apple. since there is now a 13.3" macbook pro"" do you think the macbook is going to turn into Apple's new netbook, with like a 10" formfactor? i actually think so. we shall see.

2. RDM3 macrumors regular

Why is it so out of style? The look of it being white?

3. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

I agree, the MacBook is actually more in style with Apple's peripherals than any of their other computers. Time Capsule? White polycarbonate. AirPort Base/Express? White polycarbonate. The Mighty Mouse and all mice since the Puck, with the exception of the Black Pro mouse? White polycarbonate. The only exception is the keyboard, which has been 'aluminiumised' and yet still has white keys.

I have a BlackBook, and my 2003 Pro Keyboard looks way out of place with it. The keyboard looks even worse when connected to my friend's AluBook. Plug it into another friend's WhiteBook, and suddenly all makes sense again.

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I've quit trying to predict what Apple will do after the last WWDC update. :eek:

Except for one thing, they'll update a product with much fanfare and quietly discontinue or change a feature and not mention a word. AGATA: Apple Giveth, Apple Taketh Away.

5. RDM3 macrumors regular

I agree, I still think the Whitebook has a place though because of all of the matching items to go with it, who knows what Apple will do though, maybe the next generation will be like the iTouch but in a laptop

6. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Apple needs a low-range product. I don't think they would drop the MacBook for a netbook considering the popularity and sales it brings in, unless they rebrand it or something

7. molala macrumors 6502a

I think the MacBook needs to be cheaper. I wonder if it's still very popular after the 13" MBP release at just $200 more.

But form wise, I don't think they need to make any changes, it's a very capable laptop with the latest update.

8. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

It would be interesting to see sales numbers.

I suspect this small gap in price is intentional in order to push folks into the MBP. It's like supersizing your fries for an extra 20 cents. :D

9. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...happy with my whitebook for $747 NIB - last of the 2.0Ghz at the PX:D...none of the new models have made it here yet...

10. tekio macrumors regular

If I had to replace mine I'd buy the white one just because of the replaceable battery, 7 hours battery life isn't enough when I'm travelling.