MacBook (the new white) VS MacBook Pro 13''

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jakudo, Nov 7, 2009.

1. jakudo macrumors member

Hello guys,

my girlfriend wanna buy Apple but she's not sure which one and I'm also not sure which one I should recommend to her. The new white MacBook or MacBook Pro 13''. They seems to be really similar. I would probably recommend her the white one because of the price and screen (not glossy). What do you thing about it? Why MB or Why MBPro?

Thank for any opinion.
    :)

P.S.: She wanna use it for usual things like Word, Excel, internet, music, movies etc.

2. vant macrumors 65816

The MBP is thinner, lighter, and more durable. It also has a backlit keyboard, firewire, and SD card slot. You also get the nice looking glass screen cover and infrared remote ability.

3. svndmvn Guest

actually, the macbook has always had a glossy screen, it's just not covered with glass.
    Another possible difference is the screen, it looks like the panels used in the Pro are better with better contrast and just seem brighter. It's probably up to which one she prefers, based on the looks since the functions she cares about are the same, right?
    Also, the Pro is due for an update, which will probably happen by February, it is the right moment to buy a white macbook and not so much a Pro.

4. keitherson macrumors member

ATM, the MacBook is by far the better deal. Some places are even selling it for 799. However, if you are intent on getting a MacBook Pro, I would hold off. They are updating it either this month or in January/February with new features.

5. jakudo thread starter macrumors member

thank you guys for your replies.

I didn't know that there will be an update, but she needs it now. She's going to Australia in January and she wants it before she leaves to get comfortable with it so she won't wait for the update.
    She doesn't need the firewire, but she likes it is lighter and smaller (MBP).
    But the MP is a bit cheaper than MBP. And SD slot is also useful but not necessary.
    We're not from USA, so the price for us is so different (MB - $1450, MBP - $1650...yeah, so different:( )

6. keitherson macrumors member

I would almost recommend you get the laptop in the USA or Canada during a flight transfer :eek:

Definitely get the MacBook over the Pro, because the Pro will lose value very soon, and the base configuration for the MacBook currently gives you better specs for a cheaper price.

7. jakudo thread starter macrumors member

Haha :D she will fly from Europe to Australia with one transfer in Taipei, so it's impossible to buy it in USA (but yes, I would prefer it too:) )
    Yeah, I've been thinking that the configuration/price is better for MB than MBPro...