MacBook thinks a DVD is blank when it's not

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by linesandlines, Mar 4, 2010.

1. linesandlines macrumors newbie

Hello,

First of all, many many thanks to you all for all the help you've unknowingly given me over the past couple of years - I've just registered because this is the first time I've come across a problem you haven't already fixed! :)

So, a photographer has just sent me a DVD of some product photos he's taken for my business. He's finalised the disc and verified that the files are there on his Mac. My MacBook (less than 2 years old) thinks the file is blank and refuses to let me perform any sort of action on the disk.

The disk definitely isn't blank. Just popped it in to my husband's 5 year old G4 PowerBook, and up popped all the photos. Even our stupid £20 DVD player identifies the file names! I need to upload these photos to my website asap. Any ideas, short of trying to do it from my husband's computer?

Thanks in advance.

2. linesandlines thread starter macrumors newbie

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Have you tried loading multiple other DVD's both commercially produced and burned to make sure it is not your DVD drive?

When my superdrive went south on me it would open most DVD's fine but occasionally some would not open though they worked on other computers. When I replaced the drive those that did not work before now do.