macbook tips?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by soccerballer16, Aug 23, 2008.

1. soccerballer16 macrumors newbie

do you guys know of any macbook tips or tricks or hints? thanks i just bought one and i love it!

2. ttech10 macrumors 6502

I also just got one. I know (so far) to 'right click' you can hold 'control' and then click and you'll have the drop down menu and then if you hold 'command' and click on a link it will open it in another tab. That's just what I've found out messing around for the first few minutes. Hopefully more people will reply cause I was wondering the same thing.

3. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

hold control then scroll with mouse ball trackball or trackpad.. you will be useing it ALL the time. amazing feature

control shift 3 to screen shot screen

trackpad scrolls with two fingers. you might need to go to trackpad settings to get that config though.

OSX has a very useful built in dictionary, highlight any word and right click to check it in dictionary.

Speaking of right click, if you do not know that you CAN get a right click on your mouse. Go into system pref/keyboard mouse to set that up.

just a few i could think of to help you out. have fun!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

When angry, avoid throwing at wall.

The more time you spend on your new Mac, the faster you'll pick stuff up. Make sure you care for the battery properly and the rest'll probably take care of itself. Calibrate the battery as soon as you get it, and then monthly from then on in.

5. soccerballer16 thread starter macrumors newbie

im not sure how to do this?

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

not to sound rude or anything, but did you click the link? it tells you exactly how to do the calibration

7. BDRand macrumors newbie

Try These

Congratulations on your new Macbook !
    Try these two sources for tips :

Apple.com

Macworld.com

Macworld is also a great magazine. If you explore options enough you can get the print magazine for about a dollar an issue. You'll read it cover to cover and it always features great tips.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

From the link: :)

1. Plug in the power adapter and fully charge your PowerBook's battery until the light ring or LED on the power adapter plug changes to green and the onscreen meter in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
    2. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for at least two hours. You may use your computer during this time as long as the adapter is plugged in.
    3. Disconnect the power adapter with the computer still on and start running the computer off battery power. You may use your computer during this time. When your battery gets low, you will see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.
    4. Continue to keep your computer on until it goes to sleep. Save all your work and close all applications when the battery gets very low, before the computer goes to sleep.
    5. Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or more.
    6. Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged again.

9. kabunaru Guest

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod