MacBook to acrylic ACD?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by brotherben, Mar 22, 2009.

1. brotherben macrumors member

brotherben

I got a kick A*S Apple HD Cinema Display today its 23" and its the "old acrylic" type from like 2001 or something. My question is: is there a was to connect my macbook to this ACD, the ACD hooks up to my PowerMac G4 Cube perfectly but it use's apples display port, so is there an adapter of some sort to get the old apple display port to hook up to vga, because I have the mini DVI to VGA adapter from apple for my MacBook to hook it up to monitors at school.

Thanks, for the future advice! ;)

EDIT: the macbook is the white one, its early 2008

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/BELKIN-F2E9142-WHT-APL-Apple-Monitor-Adapter/dp/B0000AERFI <--Took me a touch of google-fu ;)

If that's the correct ACD connector, you could find one of those+go MiniDVI-->DVI

I think the ACD's of that generation cannot take an analog input, so that VGA adapter is useless unless you have an analog-->digital conversion box, which will be far more $$ than the $35 or so to get a MiniDVI-->DVI adapter+DVI-D cable.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. brotherben thread starter macrumors member

brotherben

Thanks, man, I will just use the ADC for the powermac. With the 120 for the connectors and converter I might as well just get another display. :rolleyes:

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Ah okay. I wasn't sure which generation used the separate power brick, and which one carried power via the ADC connector.