macbook to external display

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by n0id, Apr 4, 2008.

1. n0id macrumors member

I just bought a new external display, and was wondering if the black macbook can handle this:

My monitor accepts HDMI, what id like to do is buy the mini-dv to dvi adapter, use a dvi cable from that to an hdmi adapter, into the monitor.

The monitor supports 1920x1200 resolution.. will the macbook support that?

Thanks!

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Yes - it will see this

http://support.apple.com/specs/macbook/macbook.html

I use a MacBook with the mini-dvi convertor - no problems with a Formac dvi display.

There are issues with the convertor though and I am not sure that you will be able to use it with a further adaptor/cable. Does your monitor not have a DVI input ?

3. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I am running that current setup on my brand new 2.4 macbook. An it works just wonderfully.

4. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Wow, I had no idea that the new MacBook onboard video could output 1920*1200. My first gen with the old on board graphics can only do 1280*800 on an external. Maybe it is time for an upgrade.

5. phjo macrumors regular

The first generation macbook can do this as well... 1280x800 is the native resolution of the lcd screen, but 1650x1080 for example is no problem for the first macbooks, and I suppose 1920x1200 is possible as well.

phjo

6. chscag macrumors 68000

Your MacBook will support the 1920 x 1200, however, what would concern me is the use of two adapters. If your external monitor has a DMI input in addition to HDMI, that might be a better choice.