MacBook to HDMI TV

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kee2987, Oct 21, 2010.

1. kee2987 macrumors newbie

I'm so frustrated with this. I have the original Macbook, bought a Mini-DVI to HDMI adapter, a connector HDMI cord that I have plugged into the HDMI Input on my Mintek tv. I have an RCA audi jack connected as well. However, when I switch my Tv's input to HDMI, it gets no signal and when I hit "detect displays" in my system prefs, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? I already tried restarting and putting to sleep and waking up and still nothing :confused::mad:

2. henrybarnett macrumors newbie

No Signal Input Mini-DVI to HDMI

I have the same problem. Mini-DVI to HDMI and HDMI to HDMI on the TV results in "No Signal Input " from the TV. (Mac to 15pin VGA / VGA to VGA for my monitor works.) I noticed when changing around the inputs on the TV's menu that the Macbook screen went on and off so something is happening. I have searched various forums and Apple but so far nothing. There are no changes that can be made on the Macbook that help (changing monitor size etc.) The Macbook does not "see" the TV. As much as I would like this to work I think the only alternative is to use the Mac to 15pin VGA / VGA to YGB as I have no VGA 15 pin input on the TV.
    Are you aware that the sound must come from the 3.5mm output on the Mac and that the TV might not allow two inputs so that the sound would have to be sent to your home cinema or similar amp, separately? The HDMI is video only!

Can anybody throw some light on this?

3. henrybarnett macrumors newbie

Solved!!!!

I saw on some other forum it was suggested that you pull or push in the adaptor and it will work. One said the mini-dvi bit the other said the hdmi bit (not the TV end) So I started with the mini-dvi and slowly pushed it into the socket and it worked.

Crazy situation!

Good luck and let me know if it works for you.