Macbook to sony bravia tv

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dcfcjack, Dec 28, 2007.

1. dcfcjack macrumors newbie

hi had a sony bravia tv for christmas .I have bought the mini dvi to vga adapter and was wondering what other cable i needed to use with this to connect my macbook to my tv .

thanks in advanced jack

2. Simple Living macrumors member

Sorry I can't be of help to you because I haven't gotten my Mac yet. I just wanted to respond because your posting this question has eerie timing for me.

I have a Sony Bravia and a friend brought his MacBook to my place last night and we tried to hook it up to the TV. We didn't have the adapter you're asking about, or I could have answered your question.

Sorry. It was just too eerie not to share. I'm sure you'll get your answer in a few minutes (the way this forum is on top of things)!

3. macdim macrumors 6502

If you have the Mini DVI to VGA adapter, all you need is a male-male VGA cable. And of course, to get audio, you need a male-male headphone cord. I have a Bravia as well (XBR4), and it works very well at 1080p.

Have fun.

4. dcfcjack thread starter macrumors newbie

how much do these cables cost and ware do you get them from?

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Wouldn't it be easier to use one of the HDMI ports on the Sony? I think most of them have two now.

6. macdim macrumors 6502

It isn't really "easier". You still need a mini DVI to DVI adapter from Apple and a DVI to HDMI cable. He already has the VGA adapter...

You can get these cables anywhere that sells computer cables. Circuit City, Best buy (probably), etc.. Mine cost me $20 for 6', but I didn't look around. I'm SURE you can get one cheaper.