Macbook to TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alemanolga, Jun 25, 2007.

1. alemanolga macrumors newbie

Probably a common question....

I have a Macbook that I want to hook it up to my TV to watch some videos, pics, etc.. with the best quality.

I bought a Mini-DVI to DVI adapter.... but now Im not sure if I did the right thing because I dont know how to connect it. Do I also need to buy a DVI to HDMI ?? And what about the sound?

Is this the correct adapter or do I need a Mini-DVI to Video Adapter?? This is more complicated than it should be...

2. cardsdoc macrumors regular

What TV do you have? Do you have HDMI on your TV? If you have HDMI, then you will need a DVI-HDMI cable and yes you still need the mini-DVI to DVI. Get them for $5 (no joke) at Monoprice.com There will be no sound over DVI. You will need a 1/8" stereo to stereo RCA cable to go from the headphone jack to the audio input on your tv.

3. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Also, if you TV has a DVI port, you could use that as well, instead of buying a DVI-HDMI cable.

Straight up DVI cables are always cheaper than DVI-HDMI ones:p

4. cardsdoc macrumors regular

Here is a link to a 10ft DVI-HDMI cable from Monoprice. It's only $6.42 and a 6 ft version is less than $3. Don't let the prices fool you - they are high quality. The in store prices of cables are incredibly marked up.

5. alemanolga thread starter macrumors newbie

Tnx ! Yes mi TV has a HDMI so I will need to buy it !

Solved Case !