macbook to TV?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nismo86, Dec 15, 2007.

  1. nismo86 macrumors member

    Dec 10, 2007
    I tried to have the people at BB help me out, but they didn't know and I think I know which one it is but i'm going to ask before I buy.

    I'm trying to connect my macbook to my TV which has the RGB connection on the back, which connecter do I need and where is the best deal to find it?
  2. richard.mac macrumors 603


    Feb 2, 2007
    51.50024, -0.12662
    you need to buy the mini DVI to video adapter link. you can either connect it by s-video or the yellow video connection. then use mini audio jack to RCA (red and black) for audio. i think these are analog signals though.

    for digital video buy the mini-DVI to VGA link if your TV has VGA input and the mini-TOSLINK cable link if your reciever has a digital optical audio input. (i think this is right, other users can chip in if im wrong :eek:)
  3. nismo86 thread starter macrumors member

    Dec 10, 2007
    Those are what BB had and those aren't it. My TV has a RGB which looks like what a printer or such would be plugging into a computer. It's like the second one you listed, but it would have the spike type things to plug into the TV.
  4. greenbags125 macrumors newbie

    Dec 13, 2007
    I would recommend you go to for this. If you want to connect it to a SDTV, get the mini-DVI to Video adapter from Apple for $19 and a S-video cable. If you want to connect to a HDTV using HDMI, you need to get a mini-DVI to DVI cable, $19 and a Xtrememac(sold on DVI to HDMI cable for $19.95. If you buy this elsewhere, it should almost run you $100, only the apple cables are reasonably priced and good quality (as opposed to ebay). Hope this helps.
  5. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

    Nov 13, 2003
    VGA is still analog. Its not Digital. To get a digital signal you would need a mini-dvi to DVI then a DVI to HDMI cable. As i haven't seen a mini-dvi to HDMI cable.

Share This Page