MacBook Top Case Replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mr.caraska, Jul 12, 2009.

1. mr.caraska macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I went to the apple store the other day to see if the top case of my (late 2008) MacBook's top case could be replaced (due to some sort of discoloration in the metal). Anyway, they are replacing it free of charge, but i was just wondering if i could tell them to use the top case of the 2.4 GHz MacBook (I have the 2.0 GHz, doesn't include backlit keyboard). I realllllllly want this backlit keyboard, and a replacement by myself is totally out of the question. Please help, i really need a shiny keyboard:D

2. ahjjones Guest

Are you kidding me?!?! You can't pick and choose which parts you want to have your computer repaired with. There is no way they will give you a backlit keyboard. It's funny how some peole think they deserve to pick and choose parts from different models. If you wanted a backlit myboard you shouldn't have cheaped out in the first place. Now, your own options on getting that "All important backlit keyboard" are: A) Buying a new MBP or B) Buying the parts you need from ifixit and doing this upgrade yourself. God, kids these days feel so entitled to each and everything without working for it. What is the world coming to?

-Posted from iPhone