MacBook Top Case

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sethmac, May 24, 2008.

1. sethmac macrumors newbie

Hi

Does anyone know if Mac covers the handrest cracking of the macbook out of warranty. I saw that someone had their macbook fixed out of warranty.

If not, does anyone know there charge to replace the top case.

Thanks!

2. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Does anyone know how to search the forums?

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

One can be rude, or offer a helpful answer. Yes, they will replace your top case for free as long as you haven't abused it.

If you have nothing of value to add, please refrain from posting insults.

4. sniper910 macrumors newbie

Aw Beat me to it, do what the person above said or if your really good with tools make one yourself my freind did that looks really great

5. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Why do we even have forum rules? I think being "rude" is adding value. There are countless threads on this topic. Now, we have a new one which is continuing on for you and I to argue.

6. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

You can tell someone to search the forums without being rude. For example, "Here's the answer; for future reference, please search the forums before posting." Alternately you could link to the answer or inform the moderators and they'll deal with it.

Anyway, before this thread gets dragged totally off-topic...

After you get it replaced, you may also want to look into ways to help distribute the pressure applied by the screen around the top case. I use a combination of these two products to to just that:
    http://www.radtech.us/Products/Wildeepz.aspx - along the edges of the keyboard
    http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/MacBook/Protection-Pack-for-MacBook - for the palmrest

So far, so good for me; no additional cracking.