Macbook Touch - The Ultimate Media Consumption Device

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CherryJello, Jan 21, 2010.

1. CherryJello macrumors regular

Rumors have been going around saying iWork is going to be apart of the new Macbook Touch. That is just incorrect, from what I've heard, the MacBook Touch is the ultimate media consumption device. It's going to be the best at reading books, watching movies, surfing the web, looking through newspapers and periodicals. But it will not be for creating media. The Macbook Touch will do a number of things, and do them well, but making presentations and spreadsheets will not be apart of that.

2. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Thank you.

A worthy piece of input.

Bye bye now.

3. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Yes. Tell that silly Apple patent about using a tablet to DJ with. Stop people using it to edit pictures and video. It's more consumption based than creation based, but by its design it will make a lot get produced (the new upcoming tablet apps). Would love to see some of the drawing apps demo its capabilities. I think you might be underestimating what iLife and iWork will bring to the tablet. The screen size is getting big enough for decent content editing, and creation.

I think the tablet could be a great way to present things. (Especially if you could hook it up to a pico projector/normal projector).

5. bossxii macrumors 68000

Nothing better than people making "absolute" statements about something they know nothing about! You should get into politics!

6. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

You're right. A large touchscreen is a terrible way to create content. Like drawing or digital painting.