Macbook Touchpad: loud click - does it need to wear in?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kraftzwerg, Nov 6, 2008.

1. kraftzwerg macrumors regular

I just received my new Alum MacBook and I'm annoyed by the loud clicking noise the touchpad makes when I press it. Does everyone get this loud click? Does it get better after a while the touchpad "wears in" ?

I know I can set the option to just tap instead of press for a click, put I don't like that option, because I tend to produce too many unwanted clicks ...

2. chapel321 macrumors member

It is normal, I just turned on tap to click to get around it. But, if you don't like that option...I don't know what to tell you.

3. richorlin macrumors regular

Loud Macbook touchpad

I've been using mine for three weeks and it hasn't gotten and quieter. Either turn on "tap to click" or learn to live with it. You only notice it when there is no other ambient noise.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Somebody commented in this forum before (about the loose battery covers) that they can put a small piece of paper under the trackpad, and this will quiet down the click. I think you can reach underneath the trackpad after removing the battery. Do a search.

5. kraftzwerg thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, silverblack. I found the thread you are referring to - sounds like an acceptable fix, will try ...

6. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

that fix was for previous generation macbook pros. NOT aluminum. the glass track is a whole different story.

7. zombie1210 macrumors regular

zombie1210

Mine makes a pronounced click, but I turned on tap to click, and I like that better.