MacBook Track Pad & Keyboard not working.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by danroh, Feb 8, 2011.

1. danroh macrumors newbie

Hello,

I currently own a Macbook with broken cd-rom, and a Macbook Pro that works perfectly fine.

Ive been trying to install Boot camp of Windows XP SP2 onto my Macbook, but as I mentioned, the CD-rom is broken.

Here are the steps I took:
    1. Install bootcamp of Windows XP SP2 with the Macbook Pro driver (Yes, I was dumb and was not thinking) onto it. Using winclone, I moved the bootcamp onto my Macbook and got it working perfectly fine. Everything loaded perfectly fine but my keyboard and track pad is not working along with all usb ports not reading.

2. I tried installing Bootcamp again, same method but did not install the driver, JUST the windows. Went to my MacBook and still, same issue..

Is there ANYWAY to get this track pad and keyboards to work?
    Im not so good with computers so.... please try to explain to me in the easiest possible way, I am up for the long task as long as its something I can understand... :(

Thank you so much in advance..
    -Dan.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

If your USB ports and KB and Trackpad are all not working I think you are in trouble as you will have a hard time getting the computer to do anything.

Do you have some way of controlling the MacBook in XP?

B

3. danroh thread starter macrumors newbie

Btw, additional info if anyone's wondering.
    My Macbook OS is 10.6.4

As for accessing my Windows side, yes the only thing I can do is to under the bootcamp drive from my Mac side and place any files in specific locations into Windows.

There was this old thread that had similar discussion but I never got to figure out what they meant..

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=687213&highlight=

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

And then what? So you copy something to the Boot Camp drive from OS X using NTFS-3G or something like that, how do you get Windows to execute/install it if the KB and trackpad and USB aren't working.

In the other thread you were referencing neilhart was assuming that the ODD was still functional, and in my reply I was assuming that the USB ports were functional and you had some way of interacting with the MacBook.

Can you hit fn-F8 during the boot process and get Windows to boot in Safe Mode? (Get in before the wrong drivers are loaded and the KB/Trackpad stop working?)

B