macbook trackpad clicker..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by comda, Sep 15, 2014.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings!

Im the proud owner of a 2007 white macbook model identifier 3,1 and the most recent issue im having right now is the mouse pad clicker. The track pad works fine but over the past 2 weeks the mouse click on the track pad isnt clicking properly. Is there a way to take it apart and fix this issue? it seems to be pushed in a little more as the center of the button barely clicks and its too soft the corners are fine. But last night when i was typing the weight of my hand was pushing down the mouse click. anyways to fix this issues?

2. Cuechick macrumors 6502

Cuechick

I am having a similar issue, when I use my thumb to push down on the pad, it takes more and more effort to work... mine is a newer MacBook Pro, 2011 I think. The pad is one flat surface with no indent... as the older versions have...

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

If they are made like the 201o whitebook, you remove the battery and use a torn screwdriver to adjust the trackpad from the underside.

4. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

@OP (no adjustments on a 2007 trackpad)
    That 2007 MacBook may have a failing battery - and is starting to swell. Pull out the battery, and check with the inside down on a flat surface. A swelling battery will not sit flat (or it may be quite obviously bulging :D )
    The swelling battery will push up on the bottom of the trackpad, making the trackpad erratic on movement, and the trackpad button may be difficult to press.
    And, if you use your trackpad, while the swelling battery is removed, the button probably will click normally.