MacBook Trackpad Gestures

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tcslive, Jun 7, 2009.

1. tcslive macrumors newbie

Alright, these trackpad gestures on my macbook are really pissing me off. Is there any way to disable them?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Which one(s) are you having issues with? I don't see how you could accidently trigger a 3 or 4 finger swipe...

If it's the right click/scroll with two fingers, just uncheck the corresponding boxes in the system preferences-->trackpad field.

3. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

Odd question, does anyone else find the two finger swipe backwards on the macbook pro? I feel like I am doing the opposite of my iphone. I don't see a way to reverse the action. Am I nuts or does anyone else have this issue? Is there an easy reverse option that I am missing?

4. ELab2 macrumors newbie

I had a little bit of trouble getting used to the 2 finger stuff. :eek:

the trackpad is so big that it just feels natural to use to fingers to move around and click, but I'm getting the hang of it. just give it time

5. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

I love the ability to use two fingers. But everytime I go back to the iphone its the opposite. Just thought that was weird. Did you get used to it even going back and forth?

6. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

I never have any problems with mine. Thats weird man.

7. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

I guess the computer is the more logical way, I have just been using the iphone for a year, got the MBP today. On my phone I swipe down and the screen goes down. On the MBP I swipe down and the screen goes up.

Nice to know I am the only one who is having trouble....lol

8. Ljw1976 macrumors member

dear ninja hero...u have a ibook..??

i have the ibook g4..and gonna be getting my version of tiger...but did consider leopard ..but back to the point...is it possible to get the o s that can utilise hand gestures for the ibook..??if so which version..??

9. Slypr macrumors member

It would piss me off not to have gestures. Also I have never had any problems going between the iphone and macbook, they both seem to be the way that makes sense to me.

10. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

Oh sorry, I guess I should change my signature. I just got a MBP 13". As far as I know the Ibook doesn't support gestures. Sorry.

11. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

gestures are amazing - learn how to work them well, and you will find yourself never going back to a laptop without them ;)

CrackBookPro:cool: