MacBook trackpad is going haywire

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by arctyler, Aug 4, 2014.

1. arctyler macrumors regular

My MacBook has always done this but usually only for like 5 minutes at a time and not even once a week, but since 3 days ago, my track pad has been going insane. I try to move it, and it glitches, stops, goes, moves on it's own, has a delay, and I can barely get it to go the direction I want. Anyway when I load it in safe mode it appears to work, but I downloaded avast in safe mode and I think it took safe mode off and now it's doing it all over again. Even worse when I was running a scan, I walked away for a second then I come back to see that the scan was stopped by USER!!! Closed window out and everything! I was flipping out, i don't know how that happened but what could it be that is causing the trackpad to just go crazy like this. I cant do a simple task on my MacBook anymore

----------

I actually just noticed this a second ago, but if I center my mouse on my screen and let it go, it will slowly move left all the way to the other side of the screen. I'm not sure if the trackpad is glitching out or if I have a virus

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Can you remove the battery?
    Check to see if your battery is swelling (it will be visible), and pushing up against the trackpad from underneath.
    That can easily cause your odd symptoms of un-called trackpad movement.

3. arctyler thread starter macrumors regular

Just removed the back, there isn't any swelling on the battery, the trackpad looks like it may be too far left though, and I can't manage to slide it, not sure if that would cause it though

----------

And now it's working fine again for now