Macbook Trackpad Issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tipman2000, Jul 1, 2010.

1. tipman2000 macrumors member

tipman2000

hi everyone, so i've had windows XP (pro) on my macbook for some time now, and it's working okay, except the trackpad. i think this could be a driver issue but i wanted to get the opinions of some others. so basically under OS X the tracking is super-smooth, but as soon as i boot to windows, it gets jumpy and inaccurate, and seems to only pick up large movements, meaning i cant ever-so-slightly drag the cursor over to change the speaker volume without putting it on mute of putting it on maximum. it's quite annoying because i cant really select pixel-by-pixel when working in image editing, for example. i usually use the mouse now because it's so annoying, and i realize that i would probably be using a mouse anyway when i need accuracy, but this is stupid considering how easy it is to use the trackpad under OS X. does anyone else share this problem? :confused:

2. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

VMWare? Parallels?

(Making the assumption you're not using Bootcamp. IF you are that might be your issue, if XP cannot find the proper driver for it. VMWare/Parallels get around this using the Tools.)

3. tipman2000 thread starter macrumors member

tipman2000

nope, using bootcamp.

4. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

Bootcamp extensions might be out of date. I would start there; but that's definitely a driver issue.

You might try right clicking on the Bootcamp option in the Windows taskbar and do a manual update check to see if there's anything it finds. Figure you already tried that, but just in case.

5. celticpride678

6. motorpsycho macrumors newbie

ETA: disregard this thread, I didn't check the forum name before I posted.