Macbook Trackpad not accurate?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by slayu, Apr 17, 2008.

1. slayu macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Long time lurker that finally got his first mac :) Figured, I would eventually register to participate on these forums.

Anyways, to the problem. I got a new black macbook about a week ago and it's trackpad button wasn't so great (felt very loose), so I went to the store to have the top casing replaced. Ever since that has been replaced, I feel the trackpad (not the button) is acting weird.

For example, I can't double click (TAP method) "Macintosh HD" icon on the desktop without moving the icon itself!! If I double click firmly (i.e. put pressure when double clicking I've a better success rate). Also, when I click (TAP method) on links on the webpages, my cursor seems bouncy. If I repeat by doing it a little slowly and firmly, I've a much better success rate.

I've done a reset of PMU ?? and re-installed Leopard, but I can't get rid of this problem? Am I doing something incorrectly? I've zero problems clicking with my windows laptop and have been using them for over 6 years.

P.S: I've installed the keyboard firmaware update. Also, sometimes I get some small random cursor jumps. 'Ignore accidental track input' option enabled/disabled does not make a difference and I'm pretty confident that I'm not resting my palm or anything on the trackpad during the time of the problem. Any advise/suggestions ??? Thanks !!!!!!!!!

2. BlackThunder macrumors member

Sounds like you did everything right.. I hate to say it but you might have to go back and get another topcase.