MacBook trackpad not level?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TaylorDog, May 26, 2007.

1. TaylorDog macrumors newbie

I just received my new MacBook on Thursday and noticed today that the trackpad isn't level. It's a little recessed along the edges, but the top middle portion (under the spacebar) rises up over the case actually. So from left to right it starts level and lower, goes up, then goes down again. Is this normal? Something I should be concerned about?

Thanks for your input.

2. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

Well I've never noticed until I read this post, but my track pad goes down veryyyy slightly in the middle as well.. I don't think it's a big issue.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

On mine, the right side goes down a tiny bit, I wouldn't worry about it.

4. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

That's good. By the time it's + 5 years old like some of my Power and iBooks, the track pad will be worn nicely level :D

5. Membrain macrumors member

Membrain

trackpad raise

just received my new macbook Pro and I've noticed the trackpad seems to have lifted on the bottom right corner. It must be glued on because I push it down and it stays down for a while. When it returns to the lifted position it is raised above the surface of the wrist rest.
    I dismissed it at first but now am thinking about if it gets worse. Does anyone have an opinion on if this is covered by warranty? Seems to be faulty parts/workmanship, and how this would be fixed. A new top case? Someone getting the gluegun out?

6. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I say definitely return it. For the price you paid, it should be close to perfect.

7. Membrain macrumors member

Membrain

getting a new one

spoke to the online store and they will send a courier around to pick this one up and when I ring and give the consignment number, they will ship a new one to me. Shortest wait about 2 working days.

Bit of advice - Keep all the packaging until you are sure it won't be going back.