MacBook Trackpad Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shaun.P, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

On Monday I bought a new MacBook from the Apple store. When I started it up, I noticed the trackpad wasn't working properly - when using the trackpad the mouse would often jump out of position, and move about to places I wasn't directing it. I took it back to Apple that day, and I got a replacement. But the replacement is also doing the same thing - just not as bad.

I don't know what to do - is anyone else experiencing this problem? Do you think it'll be fixed with 10.5.2? The problem is quite subtle and it happens sporadically so I can't just recreate it.

I have tried changing all the trackpad preferences in Leopard with no luck.

Should I take it back to Apple for another replacement?

2. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

Is it possible you are touching the track pad with another finger, or object? Also, you could turn down the sensitivity if that helps..

3. wjdennen macrumors member

I bought my MacBook just before xmas, and I am having the exact same problem!

4. Meecrob macrumors member

Meecrob

5. wjdennen macrumors member

Yep. I wish it were that simple!

6. jeffmc macrumors 6502

go to an apple store
    it's either a loose cable or you need a new top case

either way, it's 100% covered under warranty and shouldn't take long providing they have the parts in stock

7. joefinan macrumors 6502a

As it was faulty prior to sale and has been less than 28 days since purchase, repair is not an option. You entitled to get another replacement. And another. And another until it works as per specification.

8. jeffmc macrumors 6502

no you're not

apple return policy is 14 days, not 30. if you presented this issue earlier you would have to opportunity to receive a new machine, since you did not you need to get it repaired.