MacBook transforms into Space ship...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Keniff, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

2. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

3. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

Very cool CGI, although that is definitely not a Macbook, not sure what it is...:confused:

4. Keniff thread starter macrumors 6502a

Keniff

Look closer, you can see the iSight, the mac keyboard and as the camera gets close to the screen, you can see the Apple logo in the top left corner, and the OS X version of Safari.

5. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

Look closer, Macbooks have always had a magnetic latch, and there are clearly two latch-hook holes(from a MBP) on there, but it's not a Macbook Pro because it has no speaker grilles to the sides of the keyboard. Also, the bezel around the screen is silver, and wayyyy to thin to be a current apple product that received a black keyboard. I would guess a powerbook titanium, but there are no speaker grilles, and there's an iSight, plus, it has a chiclet keyboard. Also, the hinge design isn't one that apple uses currently, not on a 13" model.

The bottom of the laptop appears to be a Macbook Unibody(which is obviously what this is based on), but it has the IR sensor in the wrong spot, not a magnetic latch, and too small of a trackpad.

I imagine the actual screen video was legit(I can clearly tell it's OSX), but I'd be willing to bet the computer is all CGI, and that's why it transitions so nicely when it begins to "transform." It's absolutely a very cool video with excellent CGI work - the Macbook just isn't accurate.

6. phas3 macrumors 65816

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93