vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
Hi forum,

So about an hour ago i turned off my macbook. It was fully charged. I unplugged it an left it in my bag for about an hour. When I tried to start it up again at school, my battery was completely drained. How did this happen, I'm sure I shut it down completely? I didn't saw anything strange in the console app.

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
So about an hour ago i turned off my macbook. It was fully charged. I unplugged it an left it in my bag for about an hour. When I tried to start it up again at school, my battery was completely drained. How did this happen, I'm sure I shut it down completely? I didn't saw anything strange in the console app.
It could be a hardware problem, but it sounds like it didn't stay in sleep mode. You may have a process that's using extensive system resources and that prevented sleep. For sleep issues, you may find some useful ideas here:
What year and model is your MacBook? What OS X version are you running?

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
It could be a hardware problem, but it sounds like it didn't stay in sleep mode. You may have a process that's using extensive system resources and that prevented sleep. For sleep issues, you may find some useful ideas here:
What year and model is your MacBook? What OS X version are you running?

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

It wasn't sleeping, it was shut down hence my surprise. I'm running OS 10.8.3 on a 2010 15 inch 2.4 GHz MBP as seen in my signature.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It wasn't sleeping, it was shut down hence my surprise. I'm running OS 10.8.3 on a 2010 15 inch 2.4 GHz MBP as seen in my signature.
Are you certain it completed the shut down process? If so, it sounds like you may have a hardware problem.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
Are you certain it completed the shut down process? If so, it sounds like you may have a hardware problem.

Yeah I'm sure. I'll try again when my battery is charged again. If it still happens I'll go the the genius bar. Thank for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.