Macbook turned Off, battery drained

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by vmachiel, Mar 20, 2013.

1. vmachiel macrumors 68000

Hi forum,

So about an hour ago i turned off my macbook. It was fully charged. I unplugged it an left it in my bag for about an hour. When I tried to start it up again at school, my battery was completely drained. How did this happen, I'm sure I shut it down completely? I didn't saw anything strange in the console app.

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It could be a hardware problem, but it sounds like it didn't stay in sleep mode. You may have a process that's using extensive system resources and that prevented sleep. For sleep issues, you may find some useful ideas here:
    What year and model is your MacBook? What OS X version are you running?

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. vmachiel thread starter macrumors 68000

It wasn't sleeping, it was shut down hence my surprise. I'm running OS 10.8.3 on a 2010 15 inch 2.4 GHz MBP as seen in my signature.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Are you certain it completed the shut down process? If so, it sounds like you may have a hardware problem.

5. vmachiel thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah I'm sure. I'll try again when my battery is charged again. If it still happens I'll go the the genius bar. Thank for the help