Macbook turning blue repeatedly at startup.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by knobtwiddler, Jul 6, 2011.

1. knobtwiddler macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

My desktop picture launches as well as the dock but no folders on desktop. About every 5 seconds the screen turns blue and it's as if the finder is resetting itself. After leaving it for a while it just keeps having the small revolving circle in the bottom center of the screen. I've tried resetting numerous times with no luck. Any suggestions?

2. sleinad macrumors member

looks like something is very corrupt. What is up in Activity Monitor? Does it show something suspicious? How did this start? (after a bad update?)

3. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

do you have a mini display port adapter plugged in when this happens?

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Got another Mac handy? If you do have one, you can attempt remote diagnostics on the troubled Mac. If you do NOT have another Mac, do you have a bootable external drive you can attempt to boot from on the troubled Mac, and see if that works?

5. knobtwiddler thread starter macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

Well, it's working better now. After starting in a few different modes and hitting the power button for the shut down option to appear and then canceling it, it's working ok. It still tends to do this though every time i reset. We'll see. Probably have to wipe everything out and reinstall the OS. This happened after my startup disk got very low.