Macbook turns its self on, during sleep!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Darkmoon2322, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Darkmoon2322 macrumors newbie

Almost everyday now, most often if my fans are running, when I close my computer screen, my macbook will wait about 15 seconds, and then turn itself back on from sleep. I know it does this because I see the Apple on the screen illuminate, and the disk drive makes noise. After waking for about 3 seconds or so, it simply goes back to sleep, and repeats itself. It has been driving me CRAZY! :mad: Because of this, my battery is dying much quicker. I don't know how to prevent this problem from happening! Please help! Thanks in advance.

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I'm thinking that it really is never going to sleep. Does the light on the front pulsate or is it solid?

3. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

What about that option to wake for Bluetooth activity. Any chance it could be seeing Bluetooth from your cell phone?

4. JosephEsquivel macrumors regular

Mine did this too when i had my wireless mouse turned on and moved it while the MB was in sleep mode. Could this be your problem?

5. sanford macrumors 65816

Mine does, too. BT from my iPhone or wireless Mighty Mouse; I turn the keyboard off but leave the mouse on -- jar it and it will sometimes wake the Mac. I think the iPhone may have done it some, too, but I've turned BT off on the iPhone.

6. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

OK....let's assume that there is a problem with sleeping - it just won't sleep. Try this:

1) Close all running programs

2) Go to Activity Monitor and locate loginwindow under Process Name

3) Click on loginwindow to highlight it and click Quit Process in the Tool Bar. A window comes up that instructs you to Force Quit - do that.

4) Next you will be returned to the Login Screen and do so to bring up OS X.

Now try closing your computer screen and see if it sleeps.

Hope this helps -GDF

7. Darkmoon2322 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. My bluetooth is always off, and I never have anything connected to my computer like a mouse or keyboard. And I don't want to have to quit all of the applications I have running, that's just the same as shutting down (Which I can barely do, because even still my fans run for quite a while after I shut down - That's why I've had to force shut down recently) I want to be able to close my computer, have the same applications and windows open, without my computer constantly running :confused:

8. Darkmoon2322 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's definitely solid. There's no doubt in my mind it completely wakes, because if I open the screen as the light turns on, my screen is already completely on.