Macbook turns off after chime

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mixcas, Aug 20, 2011.

1. mixcas macrumors newbie

this morning my computerd died because of overheating. When i treid to turn it on again it turned off after the startup chime and after showing the apple logo.
    I got it to boot on safe mode holding pressed Shift during the startup. Then i shuted it down properly and tried to turn it on again normally without sucess. I tried to use safe mode again and failed.
    The used Verbose Mode and it turned off just after loading something about the bluetooth. I couldn see it well cuz it was too fast.

I'm gonna try to boot from the disks tomorrow cuz i left the cd's at someone else's house. In the mean time…

Is there something else i could do to solve this problem?
    Or any idea whats causing it?

Thanx

2. n8236 macrumors 65816

My $ is on heat. The machine is built to turn itself off to prevent overheating. I would open up the panel (so the fans are exposed) and turn the machine on. Watch the fans, if they are not running, there's your issue.

----------

I would also check the heat pipes to see if it's being pinched somewhere.

Check the vents as well.

3. mixcas thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for this info.

Is there another way to check if that's certainly the cause without having to open it?

Maybe doing something from the single user mode(?):rolleyes:

4. StockDC2 macrumors regular

If the problem still persists after leaving the computer off for a good 5-10 minutes, it is NOT a heat issue.

It could be anything but I would probably point my finger at the memory and/or logic board.

5. mixcas thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it happened to be a problem with my HD and some permissions.

I got it fixed using DiskWarrior.

Thanx for all your help