Macbook UK shipping times

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anotherarunan, Nov 20, 2007.

1. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

Hey guys...apologies if this is in the wrong section...but wanted to know when the date was to guarantee a new SR MB to be delivered before xmas was? (from the UK online apple store)? Am thinking of ordering around Dec 10th-14th for a friend (from the higher edu store) will that be ok?

2. rossgumbrell macrumors regular

3. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

Hi

Was this customised in any way or a 'standard' model?

Reason I ask is I am going to order one but I would like it before Christmas. If so, the end of this week is really the latest to order it!! I understand they come direct from China but 2 weeks seems a long time when they say 'Ready to ship in 24 hours'!

Cheers

- D

4. irbdavid macrumors regular

irbdavid

My stock 2.2 white macbook took 2 days to arrive. Got it last week sometime.

5. Markf11 macrumors member

i orderd my macbook on a tuesday night, it came the next thursday

that was a custom one though

i'd order as close to the 10th as poss....things get hectic for post around then, and delays can be expected

think of it this way, the earlier you order, the earlier your happy :)

You'd have to talk to apple...i'd imagine it'd be around the 10th though...they didn't give me a guarantee date, only a rough 2 day estimate email (which you'll get)

6. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Yeah my stock 2.0 was ordered on the Friday they came out here and arrived on the Monday (5th).
    Oder ASAP if I was you, even if Apple can handle the rush, the postal service gets pretty hammered

7. Stolencheese macrumors newbie

Ordered mine at 00:01 this morning, (Monday midnight, Was waiting for a cheque to clear) and checked my e-mail today at 5pm and they say it'll be delivered tomorrow. Well chuffed!

8. rossgumbrell macrumors regular

ooooooohhhhhhhhh, i feel i got kinda stitched by having to wait 2 and a half weeks just for an extra gb of ram..... oh well, am still over the moon with it :D

9. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Mine came within 20 hours. At first i customised it by adding a mini dvi to vga cable but when i saw that meant the shipping time was 2 weeks I changed the order.

10. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Mine took exactly 2 weeks from day of purchase.
    That included a VGA adapter (so it was customized). I guess without the adapter it would have come a lot sooner.