Macbook uni leaks electricity, not plugged to mains !

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sbojevets, May 20, 2009.

1. sbojevets macrumors member

i plug direct to the mains and i feel a zap occasionally on my palms and hands when i type. i use bodyguardz so i get zapped at those small tiny exposed edges around the palm rest area.

at first i thought , ok maybe it was the earthing cable not doing the job right. so i removed the power adapter and tried to work on battery source, i still got zapped.

u know those screw drivers electricians use to test for electricity? this small light bulb within will light up when there is electricity present..

so i took one of those screw drivers, touch at some areas and the light goes up. i touched at the corners of the palm rest, keyboard, i remind u, power adapter was removed and i work on a wooden table.

still on my 1 year warranty.. applecare would listen right?

btw, those moisture sensors where can i find them?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The moisture sensors are hidden away inside the computer, so it'd require dissassembling your MacBook in order to access them, which may void your warranty (mind you, if you've already spilt water on it, which I'm assuming considering you're asking about the sensors, the warranty is void anyway).

3. sbojevets thread starter macrumors member

i didnt spill water, it was more of the application of bodyguardz.. just paranoid it might have cause the sensor to void my warranty.