Macbook Unibody 13-inch Late 2008

kevinsa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
I am looking to sell my unibody macbook. Technically a Macbook but is basically a 13 inch Macbook Pro. Would sort of price should I look to sell for? I have upgraded the ram and hd since purchase. The battery is also basically new as it was replaced recently by apple (50 cycles, 100% health). The macbook itself is in very good condition with hardly any noticeable blemishes. Any advice on what to sell for would be much appreciated! It is a UK purchased Macbook so looking for UK price advice please!

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: Crucial 2x2GB DDR3
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Scorpio Blue

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
I am looking to sell my unibody macbook. Technically a Macbook but is basically a 13 inch Macbook Pro. Would sort of price should I look to sell for? I have upgraded the ram and hd since purchase. The battery is also basically new as it was replaced recently by apple (50 cycles, 100% health). The macbook itself is in very good condition with hardly any noticeable blemishes. Any advice on what to sell for would be much appreciated! It is a UK purchased Macbook so looking for UK price advice please!

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: Crucial 2x2GB DDR3
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
HD: 1TB Western Digital Scorpio Blue

Thanks guys!
I think the rarity of that macbook might add a little bit of value to it, but the fact that it is an older model with a C2D and a 250GB HDD I think will really limit the money you'd get. I think perhaps 350-380 seems reasonable.

kevinsa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
I think the rarity of that macbook might add a little bit of value to it, but the fact that it is an older model with a C2D and a 250GB HDD I think will really limit the money you'd get. I think perhaps 350-380 seems reasonable.
It has a 1TB HDD, although I guess what you said still applies as this won't drastically increase the price.

Cheers!

misterminibus

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2012
Manchester UK
go on fleabay and go to advanced search then check completed listings and enter your mac in the search box & it will tell you all the models the same and what they sold for :)

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
It has a 1TB HDD, although I guess what you said still applies as this won't drastically increase the price.

Cheers!
Actually I somehow missed the HD size and a 1TB HDD will increase the price(at least in my opinion) maybe up to 400 now because of that. Do you also have the original box/packaging/accessories?

kevinsa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
go on fleabay and go to advanced search then check completed listings and enter your mac in the search box & it will tell you all the models the same and what they sold for :)
Cheers I'll check it out.

Actually I somehow missed the HD size and a 1TB HDD will increase the price(at least in my opinion) maybe up to 400 now because of that. Do you also have the original box/packaging/accessories?
Yep got the original box etc and a case for it too.