MacBook Unibody (CE) Battery Plate problem.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ironduke, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

After taking the back plate off to add ram, replace hardrive etc.. it appears it wont fit snuggly or level with the rest of the back any more.

The battery is almost like a spring when I release the catch, Im not sure it use to be like that.

http://gallery.me.com/ironduke74#100356

2. BurningJah macrumors regular

- Are the battery's the same size! because that doesn't look normal!
    - did you try to replace the battery? try different times and different pressures! because I really need to push on my battery?
    - is it really a problem to have that gap?

- go to an :apple:store when the problem stands!

3. Ironduke thread starter Suspended

Ironduke

I have not replaced the battery, its not a problem however it will devalue it when I come to sell it.
    I think its that classic case of when you take things apart, then put themback together they are never quite the same.

4. liamwillib macrumors member

Looks like what happened to me, the apple store fixed a problem with my audio jack and when i got it back the panel just didn't fit right. After days of trying to figure out what might have bent i noticed one of the screws hadn't been screwed all the way in, barely even a mm sticking out. Even if they look fine it might be worth unscrewing each one and screwing it back in, obviously not too tight.

5. Ironduke thread starter Suspended

Ironduke

Will give it a try

6. Ironduke thread starter Suspended

Ironduke