MacBook Unibody Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by h12345, Apr 1, 2009.

1. h12345 macrumors newbie

I purchased a unibody MacBook this Christmas... one of the first things that I've noticed is that the top row of keys (F1-F12) are noticeably lopsided. If I bring it to an Apple store, will this be covered under my warranty?

Also, the felt lining the cd tray (grey strip) has turned a bit green. I hope this is not a water indicator of any sort, as I recently cleaned that area with a wet Q-tip. Will they take this as water damage? Is the felt lining a water indicator? Thanks.

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I would think that the keys would constitute a manufacturing issue. I don't know about the felt deal. I'd take it in concerning the keys. I would not even mention the felt. After all, water didn't cause the keys to be lopsided.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Get it fixed ASAP. I had a problem with dirt behind my screen and the DVD drive, and when I tried to get Apple to fix it, they wanted to charge me $1,200 (they previously had sold my model MBP for $1299:eek:)