MacBook Unibody Latch

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by catracho, Apr 2, 2011.

1. catracho macrumors member

Hi,

I have the original MacBook unibody (late 2008) with applecare (until november 2011)

The battery is removable in this model but right now I see that the latch is a bit out of its original position.

I remember that some people had this problem when this model was released.

Should I go to the applestore?
    what do you think they will do to solve this problem? (the latch doesnt exist anymore on macbooks)
    Someone remember the solution that apple gave when this model was releases?

thanks in advance

2. celticpride678

3. catracho thread starter macrumors member

4. catracho thread starter macrumors member

Any advice with my problem?
    Is it possible to replace the battery cover?

5. celticpride678

If you move it around a little, it should fall back into place. Make sure the tab on the battery is not interfering with the cover.

6. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

The aluminum battery cover has little tabs that are picky about how they hold on the outer lip of the laptop.

If those little pins are bent at all, if you have your MacBook closed on a table and look at it head on., you will notice the battery cover seems to be a little lower, and you can see its edge.

VERY. VERY. CAREFULLY... You could try to bed those little pins A LITTLE, and that may help the situation.

Did I mention CAREFULLY? If those pins break off, that problem is going to get worse with no way to fix it besides getting a new cover.