MacBook unibody (late 2008) wifi constantly disconnects

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by darkmeton, Dec 30, 2009.

1. darkmeton macrumors member

The past 2-3 days, my macbook at home cannot get a constant connection to the wifi router. I'm running snow leopard with all the latest updates. At the same time my macbook cannot find my access point or tries to connect but times out, the iPhone wifi works just fine. So I'm guessing it's not the router's problem.
    Also when I reboot to windows 7, it also loses connectivity (the wifi is ok but it shows that I don't have internet, while at the same time I'm online with my iPhone). What's more weird is that when I tried another wifi (at my work) it worked just fine. So I'm kind at a dead end here.. Apparently it's something between my macbook and my wireless access router. Anyone got any ideas? I'll try reseting the router to see what happens.

2. darkmeton thread starter macrumors member

ok problem solved. For those that may experience the same problem, it is the router's fault. Just change the channel you are using. Mine was automatic and I set ti to manual. it now works great! :rolleyes:

3. seepel macrumors 6502

seepel

There are a lot of wifi routers in my apartment building, and I believe as a result this happens often to me. I have to change the channel every few months. Glad you found the solution.

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    That was the solution I found, too, a couple of years ago when I started having problems keeping my internet connection. Realized that there were a lot of other wireless networks in my building, so changed my "channel" to one which no one else was using and -- problem solved!

5. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

glad changing the channel worked. I get conflict with my wireless phones. Anytime the phone rings, my airtunes through airport express pauses until we answer, then usually re-establishes connection 10 seconds later or so. Annoying beyond belief.